WoodWing Enterprise and Elvis DAM drive the Schaeffler Group
Schaeffler is a automotive supplier renowned around the world and a leading manufacturer of rolling bearings and linear technology. With more than 82,000 employees, the group is one of the biggest family-owned technology firms in the world. With around 170 locations in 50 countries, it has a worldwide network of production sites, research and development facilities, as well as distributors.
As a company with global operations, Schaeffler needs to integrate its departments – including its communications teams.
The task: Bringing ten variants of an employee magazine onto one platform and improving cooperation between the editorial teams in the regions and countries.
The objective: Efficient and, in particular, media-neutral text and image production, automated work steps and uniform media asset management.
The challenge: A global group which publishes its employee magazines in numerous countries in languages ranging from German through English to Korean and sometimes different content.
Requirements and targets for the new systems
- Improved cooperation between the editorial teams in the regions and countries
- Global availability
- Access options for external and internal staff
- Multilingual production including support for Korean and Chinese
- High performance
- Cost-effective bottom line
- Conversion and release options for various channels
- Smooth interplay between DAM and the editing system The two solutions had to either come from the same manufacturer or communicate very closely without any additional programming.
- Visibility of asset metadata
The solution: A combination of WoodWing Enterprise and Elvis DAM
Combining the editing system and the digital asset solution from the same manufacturer proved the right solution in order to achieve the objectives as quickly as possible.
The following systems have been employed: WoodWing Enterprise for editing and publishing, Timone for page design and Elvis DAM for asset management. The a&f Community Cloud ensures global availability of the systems. The solutions all run in the Lupfig data centre.
In three project phases over two years, the individual solutions will meet the objectives defined by Schaeffler as a complete system.