Backup housing in the A&F Cloud (CH)
Customers can back up their data in the a&f Community Cloud with a transparent cost structure.
The backup housing in the a&f Cloud does not back up customer data in a central cloud backup, as is the case with other backup services. The data of each customer is instead backed up on individual and dedicated backup hardware. The data can therefore be quickly accessed in an emergency, such as a breakdown of the local infrastructure (e.g. fire or water damage, theft, lightning, etc.). The backup hardware and software only has to be purchased once. Each customer determines their own storage requirements and can also expand storage at a later date. This offer is suitable for solopreneurs with an Apple Mac mini server as well as enterprise customers with a virtualised server environment.
Transparent cost structure for all services
The costs are transparent for the following services:
- Provision of the housing in a Tier IV as well as ISO 27001 and ISO 50001 certified data centre (located in Switzerland)
- Provision of a redundant power supply
- Provision of dedicated access via FireWall
- Provision of shared bandwidth (99% availability), including monitoring
Benefits at a glance:
The a&f backup housing has numerous benefits:
- No manual intervention for changing the local backup hard discs / tapes
- Great (physical) security through eternal storage and encrypted data transfer
- Permanent availability
- Fast availability and release by a&f specialists in an emergency (breakdown of the local infrastructure)
- Transparent cost structure