Backup housing in the A&F Community Cloud (CH)
Since January 2019, customers have the option to backup their data in the A&F Community Cloud at transparent prices. A dedicated backup hardware guarantees data security in emergency situations at all times.
The backup housing in the A&F Community Cloud does not take the typical route of backing customers’ data up in a central cloud backup. Instead, individual and dedicated backup hardware is employed for each customer. That means the data is available very quickly in an emergency, such as failure of the local infrastructure (e.g. fire or water damage, theft, lightning, etc.). The backup hardware and software only needs to be procured once. Each customer can define their individual storage requirements and also scale it up later. The offer is suitable for one person operations with Apple Mac miini server and enterprise customers with a virtualised server environment alike.
Transparent costs for all services
Costs are transparent for the following services:
- Provision of the housing in a tier IV, as well as ISO 27001 and ISO 50001 certified data centre (location: Switzerland)
- Provision of redundant power supply
- Provision of a dedicated access via FireWall
- Provision of shared bandwidth (99% availability) incl. monitoring
How you benefit
A&F backup housing offers a great range of benefits:
- No manual processes for changing local backup harddisks/tapes
- High level of security (physical) through external storage and encrypted data transfer
- Continuous availability
- Fast availability and handover by A&F specialists in an emergency (failure of local infrastructure)
- Cost transparency
Reliable data backup is crucial for companies.